Travis R. Berry, Attorney at Law
303 Professional Park Drive | Arkadelphia, Arkansas 71923
Office Telephone: (870) 246-6796 | Office Fax: (870) 246-2178
- Appellate Practice
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Domestic Relations
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith
- Insurance Defense
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse and Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- State and Federal Criminal Law<
- Wrongful Death
- Arkansas Supreme and Inferior Courts
- United State Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Arkansas
University of Arkansas School of Law, Little Rock, Arkansas
Juris Doctor 1982
UALR Law Review Member
University of Arkansas at Monticello, Monticello, Arkansas
Bachelor of Science 1980, graduated Magna Cum Laude
Professional Honors and Awards
- Board Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, an American Bar Association Accredited Organization.
- Selected to be included in the Mid-South Super Lawyers Magazine in Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi in 2007 and 2008.
- Rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards
Notable (Significant) Experience
- Lead Counsel in over 80 jury trials.
- Handled wrongful death case caused by a drunk driver that settled for over 1.5 million.
- Represented family in wrongful death case against manufacturer, supplier and sellers of defective firearm.
- Lead counsel in multi-district production liability litigation filed in the Federal District Court of Arkansas, Eastern Division, involving over 80 product liability cases arising out of seven (7) states.
- Successfully represented class of Law Enforcement Offices in a claim for overtime pay.
- Defended telephone company in a class action matter filed in Clark County, Arkansas.
- Defended clients charged with white collar offenses in Federal Court with amount in controversy in excess of $750,000.00.
- Represented a family in plane crash litigation in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- Lead counsel representing Plaintiff in product liability action against Honda USA involving an alleged carbon monoxide exposure.
- Represented Plaintiffs in nursing home abuse cases.
- Lead counsel for Plaintiff in medical malpractice case tried to a jury.
- Represented Plaintiffs in a claim for loss of house due to a defective stove that destroyed the house tried to a jury in Garland County.
- Represented Defendants in capital murder case.
- Defended numerous wrongful death actions arising out of motor vehicle accidents.
- Defended Insurance Company in first party bad faith action filed in the United States District Court of Arkansas-Western District.
- Prosecuted bad faith insurance claim against Insurance Company involving the failure of the company to award benefits under a life insurance policy, tried to a jury in Federal District Court of Arkansas, Western District.
- Defended 1st Degree murder cases with jury trials.
- Represented Plaintiffs in a fire case that destroyed an apartment complex in Logan County.
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member of the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the American Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of the Arkansas Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Southwest Arkansas Bar Association
- Member of the Clark County Bar Association
- Served as District Court Judge in Caddo Valley, Arkansas
- Central Flying Service, Inc. v. Cain, 285 Ark. 310, 686 S.W.2d 432 (1985)
- Deaton v. State, 283 Ark. 79, 671 S.W.2d 175 (1984)
- Dickens v. State, Ark. App. LEXIS 391 (July 5, 1989)
- Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co. v. Sherrod, Ark. App. LEXIS 90 (1995)
- Garrett v. State, Ark. App. LEXIS 2062 (September 4, 1985)
- Hall v. Harris, Ark. App. LEXIS 597 (November 29, 1989).
- Larry W. Nix Equip. Co. v. Cogburn, Ark. App. LEXIS 574 (December 7, 1988).
- Lindsey v. Southern Farm Bureau, No. 07-CV-1103, United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas, El Dorado Division
- Lowery v. Transport Ins. Co., U.S. App. Lexis 12700 (8th Cir., 1998)
- McJunkins v. Lemons, 51 Ark. App. 1, 913 S.W.2d 306 (1996)
- Porter v. Porter, Ark. App. LEXIS 2377 (October 8, 1986)
- Sarmiento v. State, Ark. App. LEXIS 47 (February 8, 1989)
- Sparks v. Shelter Life Ins. Co., 838 F,2d 987 (8th Cir., 1998)
- Southwestern Bell Telephone Co., v. Pipkin Enterprise, No.04-404, Supreme Court of Arkansas
- Woody v. Dirani, No. 4:06-CV-4035, United States District Court for the Western District of Arkansas, Texarkana Division
- Wozniak v. Colonial Insurance Co., 46 Ark. App. 331, 885 S.W.2d 902 (1994)
- Young v. Young, 288 Ark. 33, 701 S.W.2d 369 (1986)
Publications & Presentations
- Program Moderator, Continuing the Tradition Seminar, “Deal or No Deal: Case Evaluations”, April 27, 2007
- Program Moderator and Presenter, Continuing the Tradition Seminar, “Tips on Product Liability”, April 18, 2008
- Program Moderator, Continuing the Tradition Seminar , “We’re Gonna Win!!But What if we Don’t?”, April 17, 2009
- Presenter, October 17-18, 1995, Arkansas Farm Bureau Insurance Companies Bi-Area Claims Conference, “Premises Liability”
- Presenter, Fundamentals of Deposition Practice, June 25, 2004
- Author, Divorce in Arkansas Practice Manual, 2006
- Author and Presenter, Tort Law Changes and The Civil Justice Reform Act of 2003
- Author and Presenter, Rules of Negligence, 2003
- Author and Presenter, Automobile Accident Investigation, 2003